Pages

5/14/14

Skyrim Again

Image Credit: Bethesda Softworks
Kassee wasn't much when she arrived in the province. No one really knows where she came from. The first thing anyone remembers about her is her narrow escape from execution at the hands of the Imperials. The execution was interrupted by a dragon attack as Alduin the World Eater destroyed the town of Helgen. Kassee escaped with a young Imperial soldier and began her life in the province of Skyrim.

I played Skyrim when it first came out. A lot. Then I put it down for a long time. Then I got the Hearthfire DLC and played a lot more. Then I put it down again. Now The Elder Scrolls Online is out and wouldn't you know it, I'm back into Skyrim. I haven't played TES Online. I'm sure it's a great game. But Skyrim fits what I need right now. An epic game where I can play an epic character in an epic story.

The best part about Elder Scrolls games is that I get to choose what that story is. In Skyrim I can be the hero of the Empire or the Stormcloaks, I can rise to power in the College of Winterhold or the Companions (or both). I can become a master thief, a master assassin, or just play through the main quest and defeat the dragon threat.

I may get around to playing TES Online eventually, but for now I get the gaming experience I want out of a game that I payed for three years ago rather than one I have to pay for every month.

Until TES 6 comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment